Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What a piece!





So there were a few things that have led up to me looking for a new car. One, I set my last car on fire by not installing the fuel injectors correctly. Two, I made about $1500 from parting it out but I still have over half of it left. Three, I found out about this auction in Sumner. Fourth, the end of may is my birthday and Kayla was gone on vacation. So I found this 1992 Audi 100 CS Quattro at the auction with a broken timing belt and mold inside. Never have I seen an Audi, let alone another car with this much mold. I won the auction on May 31st, yes, it was on Sunday, but I didn't pay for it on Sunday, does that make it not as bad?

Towed it home with the trusty minivan and now here it sits in my driveway. I can tell this is the start of a long project. Why you ask? Well, Audi engines are interference engines, which means the valves feeding the fuel and taking the exhaust can potentially occupy the same space as the pistons. And when the timing belt breaks, they will hit one another bending valves and possibly breaking pistons. The other half is the interior which has mold and is very dirty and besides, it is a black car with a gray interior. How lame is that? Good thing my old Audi has a black interior (with no mold). I'll update you as I go. Oh yeah, and did I mention its a 5 speed?

share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment