Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Gutting the interior





My next step I took was gutting the interior. The rear seats are a cinch, the front seats are held in by two bolts, the carpet took some work. The hard part I haven't quite figured out are the front seat belts and the door panels. The front seatbelts are hooked to a cable that winds its way from the column by the door, under the carpet to where your feet rest under the dash and wraps under a hook on the transmission and back in on the other side of the car to the other front seat belt. I found out how to disconnect the seatbelt from this cable but it requires a funky bit that is an oval shape, not sure yet where I will find one of those.
One thing I haven't started on is the sunroof. It currently has a metal body panel as a sunroof, but my other audi has a glass one which I am waiting for a good day to do the full transfer, first I need to take down the headliner on the red audi so I can access the thing then it should be a snap, a few bolts here and there, leave the whole thing together, make some preliminary measurements beforehand to make sure the bolts lie in the same place and we're good to go. Before I do any rebuilding on the interior I need to get the engine running. No sense in putting something back together that doesn't drive.
I only put two pics up at the moment of the gutted interior but I'll get some more by the weekend.



share on: facebook

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up Jared you have some serious skills good grief! --Ashley :)

    ReplyDelete